Let's Go for a Swim


Copyright 2007 Jennifer Phillip
10.5 by 13 Inches
Stonehenge Paper

Photo of current work in progress. Taken indoors so the lighting is not the best. I worked for just over 6 hours on this today and its is going to take many more hours to complete. I wasn't going to post it because it is in the ugly stage that most coloured pencil work gets when only a few layers have been applied, but I personally like seeing artwork in the beginning stages so I can see how other artists work. Even though I will admit I hate posting my own work in this early stage because I usually dislike the way it looks.

Got the basic background laid down. Going to finish it once the tiger is complete so I know where to change the values on the floating leaves and the actual background colour. The reflection is not turning out to be as hard as I thought it was going to be, still lots to do on that too and the rest of the piece.

And even though I know better than to drink around artwork, I opened a can of pop and the resulting spray put a few little droplets on the page. John suggested using a bit of water and a small paint brush to get the stains off. It actually worked, no more pop. You can't tell where the pop was now that the area is dry. *note to self*stop drinking around artwork!!

Technorati tags: , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3