Old Machines


*pets new machines, well not new, but new to me*An old guy was selling them for cheap so we bought both.

Possibly more than a 100 years old (having a hard time with an accurate date) and it still works. Well it would need a lot of work to work properly and I don't really know if it would be worth fixing, but I love the way it looks when the drawers are in it. The top has been replaced, when the guy bought it he said it was rotting so he redid it. Did a nice job I think.

The Singer is from 1939 and still works, so I could use it to sew when I want to. I can get the manual online (which is good because I honestly have no idea how to thread it). Not sure about spare parts or getting more bobbins for it, that I will have to look in to. Its either electric or I can use the wheel by hand. It is missing a few parts, the lid is gone, but I honestly don't care. I like old styled sewing machines, not really sure why though, could be just having something that is so old.


I can't find anyplace that does scans for big artwork. I am going to have to try again tommorow and phone some more and cross my fingers that I find a place. Art tomorrow, hopefully a completed piece but if not definilty lots of line art.

Tecnorati Tags:

Comments

  1. That is a gorgeous sewing machine!! I love "old stuff" too, there's something about owning an item that has some history to it that makes it interesting. Hope you don't have to try and find spare parts for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a look on eBay last night for spare parts for the Singer. There were surprisingly a lot of spare parts up for auction. Even a motor (hopefully I wont need that though)
    Purchased some more feet for it so now I can sew pretty much anything.

    The other machine still not sure about parts, but its pretty to look at so I'm not too worried. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3