Why does the Bunny go bawk bawk?

"Macaw" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Derwent Coloursofts on Canson Mi-Tientes paper
2.5 by 3.5 inches
For sale here


Lots of drawing today, finished the above, started on the fruit pastilles, and started on this:


Its on Fabriano 5 watercolour paper. Its great! Nice white paper. I didn't want the bunny looking realistic, I actually wanted it to look kinda cartoonish, but I need to practice drawing cartoons. I think the finished bunny looks good, and there is more that enough tooth left on the paper for me to add more colour to him if I need to.

And just for a laugh my 11th grade report card (10 years ago!! [when we moved provinces I had to re-do alot of classes because they didn't count in Alberta and by the time this was written I was just sick of school]). My art teacher left me to do what I wanted lol. Just had to write the odd test. (and buy the time this came out I knew we were moving again so pretty much stopped trying all together lol)

I miss my pink hair *sobs :p* was going through my photobucket account and found this. Forgotten that I had taken it.

I never did understand why the bunny went bawk bawk

Comments

  1. I used to have pink hair too, and like you, I miss it!

    Pinks have more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol pinks definitely have more fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:10 am

    Love the Cadbury commercials!
    The bunny was imitating a chicken laying chocolate eggs.
    You and I would have gotten along swell in school. I was a stellar student in Art, and could always 'use improvement' in everything else.
    Now, what does that say about us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that we can't be bothered learning things that don't really matter (well most of it didn't matter) and that we are not sheep? or just that I need to sleep more at night and not in class? (I fell asleep in shop class once and the teacher just left me sleeping. Either the teacher just didn't notice or he didn't care lol)I skipped a lot of art classes in one semester in Ontario because I thought the teacher was a nut (related to a famous artist and thats the only reason I took the class. Thought I could learn something new, I didn't actually need to take the class, it was just filling time in the day). He kept telling me to stop drawing fantasy creatures and that it wasn't real art. We didn't get along, I just walked out one day and didn't go back.

    This is a really long comment. Almost a blog post on its own lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your blog and comments. I'm a retired art teacher from Texas USA. I was bored with school, myself. We didn't have art classes until I went to college. But, I did a lot of art work that would bring my grades up. I did the drawings for my whole group in Biology, illustrated poems, made posters, and filled my notebooks with drawing instead of notes! When I was teaching, I tried to do what I could to keep the students from feeling like they were confined in a box and to consider the needs of my students more than trying to follow any rigid guidelines.
    My grandson always loved to draw, until he got into a large school district in which all teachers were supposed to be teaching the same thing at the same time with expected outcomes. He just quit. No amount of encouragment would make him think that he could draw again. But, a lot of students hit that wall. Eventually, most of them pick up their art again, often in another form. I'm sure that he will, too, one of these days.
    Good luck with your art! Happy creating!
    By the way, different colored hair and experimenting with make up is fun! When we weren't allowed to wear makeup as teens, I would use my watercolors and paint all kinds of effects on my face. In more rectent years, I sold makeup, and that was fun, but I couldn't go wild with it. Still enjoyed practicing with all the different colors and looks-even at my age!
    So, have fun and create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you cecelia :)

    Hopefully your grandson starts drawing again. I did draw a lot of drawings for a report on frogs but that was mostly because I didn't want to cut one open.

    Glad to hear that when you were a teacher you tried to teach in different ways. Need more teachers that do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3