Photos for January 5th

Part of this church is now a gym and last year it was being used for an illegal growing operation.

Steps to the courthouse which use to be a jail.The top of this hill where the monument is where we climbed the other day. Gives you a sense of how steep it is and that you can see the monument from almost everywhere in town.

On open days you can climb up the steps but last year it was way too windy for us to even think about climbing up there so hopefully this year one of us (probably Mr.Fuzzy :p) will climb up and get some pictures from the very top.

I'm racking my brain trying to come up with a statement for applying to Uni still. I'm horrible at writing my good points and really need to have it written already. I am submitting a small portfolio (I think no more then 10 pieces, if that many. Probably should include more but they want more recent work so that limits what I can send), and it doesn't say I can't submit a portfolio book, just that the work needs to be mounted. I think to try to lessen the damage I'm sending it in the book. Its small enough and shouldn't be too heavy.

I figure if I start writing everything in point-form I can elaborate from there. Of course they might want to interview me because of a lack of a reference, which could go in my favour or against :p (have to remember not to swear if I do get called for an interview :p)

Comments

  1. how is the portfolio coming along?
    love the pictures!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. slowly, and I could spend a lot more time on it but hey I figure if I don't get in I will have all of this year to make another one lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:56 pm

    I love that first shot with the colours in the sky. Good luck with the writing. Blessings, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots- that first one is my favorite. Love the light color of the clouds against the blue sky. Best of luck with your submission. But you don't need luck, you have talent ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have someone who knows you write your statement. Look it over. You'll probably will disagree with it/make some changes, add a few things, correct some more, delete a bit, and before you know it, you've written your own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:28 pm

    I love the sky on the first photo and the steps are very interesting but I think the last photo of the town is my favorite {:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pity you couldn't just submit your blog - shows a good body of work :D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nicole and Linda :)

    The big problem I am having writing it is this "The personal statement is your opportunity to tell universities and colleges about your suitability for the course(s) that you hope to study. You need to demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment, and above all, ensure that you stand out from the crowd." Not one of my strong points. Getting someone else to write it is cheating in a way :/

    If I could use my blog I would lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all pictures, couldn't pick the favorite, they all have their own charm.
    As for statement - I can hear you, am so not good at writing. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3