Jewellry Boxes


jewellery boxes
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

It was pouring down rain for most of the day so I was struggling to find something to take a picture of for today.

So here are a few boxes and the jewellery that goes in them I don't have a lot of jewellery as I don't wear a lot of it, mostly necklaces and bracelets. Use to make all kinds of friendship bracelets,...hmmm I kind of want to make a few now. They are pretty easy once you figure out the patterns.

Because I have moved a lot I don't have a lot of big items, these were small enough to fit into my bags. Moving here, we paid to get a lot of stuff shipped as overweight baggage but it was still cheaper then mailing or getting it boated over here. Mr.Fuzzy had to argue with the check-in women that his bag was camping equipment, and it was. It was full of clothes and a feather down (better then a sleeping bag :p) that counts! They didn't say what had to be in the bag, just that it had to be a hiking bag and it was, so there :p I know we probably would not have gotten away with it now, but we lucked out at the time.

That was also the day I yelled at a women when she tried to cut in the line. We had already been there for over an hour, looked like a few more hours to go before we could even get checked in and this lady tried to cut the line. I said no (ok so I kind of yelled no :p) If we have to wait, and the people behind you have waited, you have to wait, so get your ass to the back of the line :p If looks could have killed when she had to walk to the end of the line (which went almost the whole length of the terminal 3 times around [Toronto, so big airport]) Ironically she was Scottish :p Mr.Fuzzy hadn't said a word though, that would have been funny to hear the yelling in Scots :p oh the joys of travelling.

If we ever move to another country again, we are going to have to have a yard sale (or a boot sale I guess). We have a lot of big pieces that we wouldn't just want to turf.

This weighs a ton so no way could it be shipped. Which is a shame because it is really nice




I love the silver detail on the side :)



And this is the top of the box on the right :) Bought it when I was at Spruce Meadows for a couple of days.I was in heaven looking at all the different types of horses

And no I didn't spend a few hours playing Neverwinter Nights 2 instead of drawing. I would never do that :p

Comments

  1. Great pics, Jennifer....I commented on Flickr about your jewellery boxes. I have an old Singer sewing machine with a wooden cover....I would take a pic but it is stored underneath and way at the back of our storage area in the garage. I think it dates back to 1948.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jewelry boxes are pretty so is the green heart. Love the sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to have a Singer, had to left behind, but it was a work horse, my grandma used to sew with it.

    How's is your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, never heard of Neverwinter nights. I'll have to look that up to see what you are talking about. Enjoyed your boxes and jewelry. And your tales of the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty jewelry boxes! I'm with you- irks me to no end when people think they don't have to wait or go through the inconveniences of life like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:10 pm

    Love the box with the dragon on it and such lovely jewelry (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Serena :) This Singer should have a cover too but it was bought with out one. I know we could get a replacement cover for it, but I like it without the cover :) According to the serial number on this one, its from 1939. This is really handy finding the age of a Singer :)

    Thanks Carla :)

    Helen- My foot is much better. Not swollen any more and the bruise hasn't spread. Just hurts to touch. thanks for asking :)

    Sandy-Its a RPG, it can be a little buggy but the expansion packs seem to have helped most of the issues. I've flown a lot so have a few airport stories lol

    Linda- I think she thought no one would call her on it, and I hate when people take advantage of people that will not say anything.

    Kerry- Thanks :) A lot of it was cheap of given as a gift :) I just need to wear it more (not all at once of course lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photo's and you made me laugh about the woman cutting the line..I sure hope you left your machine with someone and can get it another trip..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boxes are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3