Paint and Pie

No not together, even though I'm sure I have eaten paint with food some where along the line :p And clay, which is something I don't want to repeat. Takes forever to get that taste out of my mouth (but at least I don't eat toothpaste any more. When I was really really young I ate a whole tube of blue toothpaste. >.< )

If I could start this over again I would turn all those little rocks into flames. Would have made things so much easier. There are a few blue/purple scales that I will need to retouch once the rest of the base is finished. I kind of wish I had some gold or silver paint to add to the base, but I can always do that next time. I still have to paint the little skull white/grey, but haven't decided on if I am going to just paint the rest of the base white or yellow to go with the flaming rocks. I might have a hard time colour matching the aqua for the belly scales and a bit of the fin on his back, but it doesn't haven't to be a perfect match.

I might have a hard time photographing this when its finished as the flash really reflects off of the paint. Maybe after I varnish it, it wont be so bad. Setting up the little light box should help (its funny watching Mr.Fuzzy fold the thing back into shape. Its not as easy as this video makes out :p)

And a lemon meringue pie :) Needed to use up the packet of filling. I would make the pie from scratch, but or kitchen is small :p I really want to find a key lime pie recipe that doesn't use condensed milk (lactose intolerant), but haven't had any luck. Which is a good thing for my waist line, but a bad thing when I really want to bake a pie :p

Our snowman is now headless. :( hmm all he needs now is a horse :p

Comments

  1. Taking photos can be a real gremlin - I've been thinking about lightboxes recently (should probably ask my other half too!)

    Dragon looks great as does the yummy pie :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Dragon is coming along great!!
    and mmmmmmmmm I love lemon meringue pie!!!

    poor snow man......

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragon seems like such a lot of work, I am so glad that I don't do pottery...but he is great!
    I love meringue, may favourite is raspberry pavlova...Yum. I am hungry but we are going for something to eat soon, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made lemon pie from scratch once in my life when I was first married, a long long long time ago. I'm glad your taking us along on the dragon creating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3