Everyday in May #5


Everyday in May #5
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
ACEO
Coloured Pencil on Murano paper

Another quick one today as I spent most of the day looking at code :/ Small little dragon and a flower. I love this paper colour but the problem is I can't use it for much. I could probably use pastels on it as I think CPs are too transparent for it. The aqua paper colour just doesn't go to well with most CP colours, they really pick up the colour so what you want to get most of the time does not happen :p

I am horrible when it comes to code. I literally have to follow each character with my finger because if I don't, it all jumps around. Mr.F thinks I'm dyslexic for that reason. Also, that I never write numbers down right. Backwards, out of order, writing the wrong numbers down but thinking they are right. I think I'm just horrible with numbers of any kind :p (but when you read all the signs of dyslexia I do meet them all :p but that could be said about many things lol)

Ok so this is what I have been messing with all day :p I know its black but I really do like how black looks with art images. Obviously I need to add more to the sidebars but if I upload this to my actual blog I can do that then. Any suggestions? Leslie already suggested I change the font to make it a bit easier to read, and thats an easy fix :) The colours all right? Not too bright or dark?

thanks for looking :)

Comments

  1. Looks really good Jennifer! Really good. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. am lost, whats code?
    i love this new piece.

    love tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really going to town with these aceos! I like this one-you made the colored paper work for you.

    The black on your blog does make the art stand out nicely and the color of the text looks good to me. A little easier on the eyes than white on black. The only thing I noticed was that the links disappear. Maybe change the link color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks rose :D

    tina- html code :/ I hate it lol
    thanks :D I'm trying to be cute lol usually when I draw cute, it ends up looking evil :p

    ann- thanks :D I really do love this paper colour, its more vibrant in person but I am running out of options with it lol could make lots of paper cranes :p I didn't notice the links disappearing def. change that thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this, really cute!

    So you are doing something everyday in May...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the drawing AND the site look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the new blog look over on the link you provided!!! The text colour is a lot easier on the eyes than stark white. Lovely layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do think black as a background work well for art and it does make it stand out beautifully so I really like it. Sometimes I think it is time to change mine again.........but it is so much hassle.
    I will have to check our your ACEO's later when I get home, you must have them hosted on a photographic site I only get little red crosses for them. Hope ur ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sketch- and the color of the paper and texture is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks carla :)

    sandy- yep :) trying to get one ACEO done a day everyday in May. So far so good :)

    Michelle- thanks :D

    thank you Serena :) glad the text is easier then stark white. its just a really light green but I wasn't sure if it would look neon on some people's monitors :)

    Chrissy- it can be a hassle. use a template. most are easy to customize and then the only thing that really is a hassle is picking the right colours :) yeah they were hosted on Flickr. didn't stop and think that the red crosses of doom might turn up :/

    thanks Linda :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3