Everyday in May #8


Everyday in May #8
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

ACEO graphite on Stonehenge
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Quick 5 minute ACEO sketch :) Wonky anatomy for the win! :p Didn't get really any drawing done today. Lots of prep work, but not much to show for it. I still need to find an old map of Canada that I can use for a drawing. I could just make a map up but I thought using on old map of Canada would be a nice touch :)

Trying to pick a thread colour. Ended up going with #5 :) I liked the blue but thought it might be too dark to go with the orange fabric.

And it doesn't look like I actually got a lot on it done, but shock of horror I actually used an iron when putting things together :p Me, who refuse to iron anything :p I just don't see the point when it just ends up getting creased when you put it on anyway :p I have enough of the blue star fabric left to make a small bag with, or use it for a cover for my little sketchbook so the wrap and the sketchbook match (which normally I don't worry about. Many a times I have left the house with odd socks on and wearing sandals [my feet get too cold without the socks, yes I don't care that some people might think it looks bad :p], mismatched tops and trousers and hair elastics of different colours [looks at hair now, yep one pink hair elastic, one green :p] life is too short to worry about fashion (I do love my vintage suede coat though :D just doesn't fit over my bust at the moment! More exercise! Yeah TMI :p ])

I really hope it is nice tomorrow. I'm getting really sick of all the rain and hail :/ I really want to go for a walk and try to get some nice photos, even though the huge tree I wanted to get a photo of and all its pink blossoms has probably lost all of the blossoms in the hurricane wind we had today :/ Which is a shame because it was really pretty :)

Here is a photo in the rain from the other day of the tree, better then nothing I guess. It takes up the whole corner and the colour is gorgeous!

If I get the chance to go for a walk there are a few store fronts I want to get some pictures of. I really should look up more when I walk around town, there is a lot to see. :D

*side note* the house smells of bread again :D So nice having fresh bread

Comments

  1. I like the sketch! And your pencil wrap - it will be so cool! I don't iron either, probably because my mom is one to iron everything, so I often had that chore growing up. And I mean everything - sheets, sweaters, blue jeans. Oh, we are in our tenth straight day of rain here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to see your drawings, good job on this. Enjoyed reading about yoru mismatched self, haha..me too, almost always.

    Beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine too...had to do bread today after doing buns two days this week. The Kaisers were perfect...must put a pic of them on my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sketch and really enjoy seeing them each day. I admire how disciplined you are and all you get accomplished each day.

    Wish we would get some of your rain. So so dry here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your drawings.
    And the material you have used on your pencil roll is great.

    I dont do much ironing either.
    love tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally get to see the new blog look. Very nice, very neat and navigable. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black looks really great and I can finally see your litle ACEO's, very nice and I do love the latest one. you are also working with my favourite material again.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Ann :) mom never really ironed, Mr.F's mom irons everything too. I just have never seen the point lol thought it was going to be a nice day here, lots of sun. and then the rain started again :/

    Sandy- thanks :D lifes more fun when you don't match :D

    BumbleVee- yes you must put a pic! :D your food pics always look so good :)

    Linda- thanks :) I don't actually get that much done in a day. I'm just good at making it look like i do ;) (I do wish there was more time in the day though to get more done :) ) I wish we could send you some rain, we have had more then enough this year

    tina- :D *hugs* thanks why iron when you can spend the time making more cards? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ingrid- thanks :D thank you for the paper again! :D

    chrissy- thank you. the Stonehenge paper?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3