Everyday in May

I wasn't sure if I was going to participate this May, but since I need to draw more anyway might as well kill 2 birds with one stone. Started here :D Flickr group here

So 31 days of creating :) not sure if I will get one piece done everyday, but I will work on something everyday :)

"Everyday in May #1" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
2.5 by 3.5 inches
Coloured pencil on Stonehenge
(£10 plus + £2 UK shipping/£3 worldwide)

So for the first day I finished up the lily ACEO from yesterday :) Very simple style but I like how it turned out. Focusing more on the shapes of the petals rather then on the details.

I want to try to get one ACEO done a day but more then likely a few will get started and worked on during the week. It doesn't take me a long time to complete them, maybe 2 hours tops for the simple ones, but if they have any detail it adds a bit of time to them. As quick as these little cards can be sometimes the small details can make them take just as long as the bigger pieces I do :p

Went to apply to college today and their online application isn't working >.< lol no biggie, just need to mail them in.

And how did I ever get that dragon head all cut out before? Going around all those petal things is killing my hand :p *edit found the old cut out I did thankfully *big sigh of relief*

I might even get some practice with my tablet now that it is out. I need the practice so you might be seeing a lot of digitally drawn fruit lol I love digital art but I just can't seem to match up what my hand is doing to what is going on in the programs I am using. practice practice practice

Going to need one of those hats with an umbrella on the top if it doesn't stop raining soon :p

Comments

  1. Beautiful aceo Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty piece. I love the texture you give to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Happy first day in Every Day in May. Keep on creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lily looks great. Glad you put the time you take down when you post these aceo's. Everyone thinks little means fast--Not! lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful drawing, and I'm enjoying my catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone :D

    Thanks Ann and Marilyn :)

    Owen- happy first everyday in May to you too! :)

    ingrid-people do think that because they are small they shouldn't take that long. but it can be so hard sometimes working that small lol

    Thanks Sandy :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3