Graphitints

I have had a few people ask me what the Graphitints are, and they are pretty mush just graphite pencils with a bit of colour.

The colour often doesn't show up very well until you wet the pencil so you probably need to do test  pieces for the colours to know what you want to use. You can use them dry, but I prefer the colours that show up after adding water.

As I said in my last post, you can go over the area once it is dry with either more Graphitint pencil or other mediums such as coloured pencil or "normal" graphite pencils. Not sure about watercolour pencils as I haven't tried that, but just thinking about it, watercolour pencils might be a bit too transparent and not show up over a lot of the bright colours in the Graphitints.

I like how you can get the same amount of detail you would get with "normal" pencils but these just add a bit of colour to the work. More colours would be nice, but there might be a reason there are only 24 colours. I am missing 6 of them but what I have seems to be more than enough for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3