Weekly Book Wrap Up

I'm in the middle of reading a lot of books I haven't read before but figure I should read since I am going to be doing a Masters in September. So it might be a good idea to have a basic understanding of a few books we are going to be dealing with. The Masters is a science fiction Litt Masters, so right up my alley. :)

Journey to the Center of the Earth (Extraordinary Voyages, #3)Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

OK definitely a book of its time period. Even taking that into account while reading this, its a very slow read full of a lot of facts and info dumps. Worth the read since Verne is considered one of the big writers in sci-fi, but it is soooo slow. It is interesting to see how the science mentioned in the book has changed to what is thought now to be true scientific fact.

View all my reviews

 

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

Red Mars
tagged: currently-reading
Persepolis Rising
tagged: currently-reading
S.
S.
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 28 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. I remember this book from way back, not that I ever read it. Interesting review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Christine :) its a pretty old classic book ,1864

      Delete
  2. So much of Verne's imagined technology now exists. Incredible.
    Yup, probably a good idea to prepare for what awaits you in September. Hopefully, we'll get more reviews :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book and is one I have on my bookshelf. What a great subject for your masters. I would be right there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3