Weekly Book Wrap Up

20000 Leagues Under the Sea20000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Entertaining underwater science fiction. Lots of info dumps but they never came across as boring or unneeded. Very visual story telling but the famous scene everyone thinks of, the one with the giant squid, was almost a blink and you will miss it part of the book. I would say the scene with the Sperm whales is more memorable then the big squid.

View all my reviews


 

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Coming Race
tagged: currently-reading
Last and First Men
tagged: currently-reading
Red Mars
tagged: currently-reading
Persepolis Rising
tagged: currently-reading
S.
S.
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 34 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. glad you liked this classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that one. I actually loved Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne...one of my favourite books as a pre-teen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible imagination Verne possessed. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, I am glad too since I need to read a lot more older books for class :)

    Serena, it is a good book. I'm finding a lot of Vernes books entertaining :)

    Chris, he did have a great imagination and an ability to write entertaining books :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3