Ural Owl WIP

Ural Owl By Jennifer Phillip
Ural Owl By Jennifer PhillipCopyright 2007 Jennifer Phillip
Coloured Pencil on Canson Mi-Teintes paper
8 by 11.5 Inches

This is actually the second time I have done this today. The first time I had the outline done and had just started on the beak when I noticed there was a stain on the paper that I couldn't cover up or remove so had to transfer the lines again (and now I'm out of transfer paper, trip to the art store I think is in order,[if they have any]).

Small part of a bigger drawing. Not too sure yet what I am going to put in the background. I thought about a blizzard type background, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about that with coloured pencil. I could use a light wash of paint, and try to see if that will work. It might if I water it down or use light enough paint.

I love using this paper for feathers. I don't need dozens of layers (the paper wouldn't take it anyway) to get the soft feather look. Not sure how much of a WIP this will be. I tend to work really fast on this paper and have the urge to draw tonight (evil insomnia).

Technorati tags: , , , ,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3