Bowl of Cherries

"Cherries" Copyrighted Jennifer Rose Phillip
ACEO 3.5 by 2.5 Inches
Coloured Pencil on Stonehenge paper

I apologise for not having any horses to post today. I spent almost all of today designing business cards and doing other business stuff. I was getting ready to go to talk to my business advisor at the Business Gateway, so I had to make sure I had all the paperwork in order. Almost everything is done now, so I can almost breath a sigh of relief. I will post the cards tomorrow, I really like the colour scheme, but I do know its not to every ones tastes.

I'm hoping that all the paper work and forms are filled out correctly so I can apply for a grant without any hassles. If I get the grant it would be great (YAY!) but if I didn't (BOO), I would just have to see if there are any other grants I can apply for. Doesn't hurt to look. :)

I'm definitely getting faster at doing ACEOs. This one took just over an hour, probably would have took less time it I had of left out a few of the cherries. I really like the way the bowl turned out, very simple lines but it still looks like a bowl. I was going to burnish the cherries so that little faint white line would disappear, but I like how it separates the cherries from each other. Busnish? Yes or no?

Todays Scottish Word:
1) peever
2) pirn

Answers to yesterdays Scottish word:
1) flyte means to scold someone or a dispute. I have no idea why this means what it does, it doesn't really make any sense. I would have though it was related to flying, or possibly birds.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:39 pm

    Burnish or not to burnish? It could go either way.
    (was that Shakespeare?)

    Burnish, creating a juxtoposed texture to the rest of the drawing. Not to burnish, create an overall tone of the same texture.

    Cherries in real life look burnished.
    You know I'm going to say leave the little white line around each cherry...

    Best of good luck on the grant. You've been working toward this for a long time. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leslie, I'm really hoping I get it.

    yeah the cherries would probably look better burnished. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3