Gum is Going to Drive Me Insane

"Runaway Gum Balls" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Another gum update. I still have to work on the remaining gum and the values, make some of the gum balls darker so they recede more. If I didn't hate gum before, I would now. Even though I guess it could very well be marbles in the picture, not too keen on marbles either. I usually end up stepping on one and end up flying through the air and landing on my butt. The temporary joy of flying is soon broken by the resulting crash and the bruise on my behind (damn gravity).

Todays Scottish word:
1) Coo (this is actually a pretty easy one, said exactly the way it is written, like boo)

Answer to yesterdays Scottish phrases:
1)Awa an bile yer heid= Simply "Get lost, shut up" (isn't that charming....)
2)
Peely-Wally= "Sick looking" /"Pale"


Comments

  1. Anonymous8:25 pm

    This picture keeps getting better and better! What difficulties, if any, does the dark paper present for you? I always had trouble making the white highlights pop, but that doesn't appear to be hapening for you.
    This is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Leslie :)
    I don't think there are any real difficulties I have with the dark paper. Sometimes I have problems if I am using a lot of yellow coloured pencils, but if that does happen I lay down a layer of white before hand. Didn't seem to happen with this piece though, I had more problems trying to get the red to show up, which is strange. And than there are the scanning problems. Hard to get a good scan, its either too dark or too light and very hard to get the values to match up. This one is close, but the blue is not that bright in person. :)So yeah not that many difficulties. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you are having problems with the white highlights, just use paint. If I had some paint around I would :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3