More Food to Rot My Teeth

So I loved these kind of cookies/biscuits that I could eat in Canada. The jam ones are the best :) Some food I can get here, and other stuff can't find at all and refuse to pay £7 to get a small box of cereal shipped here. But Mr Fuzzy bought these;

Picture found somewhere online (I like this towel though :) )

Tea cakes, these are Tunnocks Tea cakes but you can get different brands. They taste almost the same. The marshmallow is a little sweeter and I can only eat one. But it is another food that is close enough to something I am use to eating in Canada.

And I had thought I knew the difference between a biscuit and a cookie but now I am more confused then ever :p

Wagon Wheels taste different here (or maybe they always tasted like that and I have just forgotten), and you can't get Jos. Louis here which is a shame, but chocolate on the whole does taste better. And why after 2 years of being in Scotland I had never had a tea cake before I have no idea lol

The cleaning of the flat is pretty much finished. But there is another problem. The parts of the ceiling that were fixed are fine, but my FIL went to put paint on the ceiling and more parts starting to bubble, crack and fall off the ceiling. So we have to go back to the Council office and report that. Every other room is ready to be wall papered so we can get those rooms finished, just once again can't do anything in the living room.

The plan tomorrow is to try to get the lawn trimmed down, and the garden beds at least straightened up. Just hope it doesn't rain. Poured today, hail at one point. But there was a gorgeous view of the mountains after the rain stopped.

Mr Fuzzy let down the killer squash of doom from its stakes due to the high winds and now it looks like its been slain (I stepped on it and almost assassinated it) Its very trifid like....Mr Fuzzy blames the bone meal fertiliser and the tomato fertiliser he used...(no solyent green though :-( )

Comments

  1. Jaffa cakes are the best :-D Glad to hear the flat is coming along.... do you like squashes ;-)ChrissyX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    Enjoyed your post about foods you're missing. I moved to the US from England 30+ years ago (while I was high school) and there are certain English foods I STILL miss! Custard pies, pork pies, bonfire toffee, moshy peas with mint sauce...mmmmmmm!! Happily, there are some stores not too far away that do carry some things I love (Cadbury's Flakes, McVities Digestives... I could eat 'em all day long!)

    Looking forward to drawing the beautiful lilies you provided for the June Virtual Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate squash lol this squash is only ornamental which is a good thing because I don't think anyone actually likes squash here :p Jaffa cakes make me ill (they are really good though :D )

    Hi teresa :) Never heard of bonfire toffee, I must ask someone here about it :) hmmm love Mcvities Digestives, especially the ones that are half chocolate :p No stores around here sell any food from Canada, but I do have relatives that send me candy lol

    ah bonfire toffee is treacle toffee! (just asked). I can't eat it, hurts my teeth. Hubby made some and it stuck to the pan so hard he had to chisel it off lol

    I am really looking forward to how everyone draws the lilies :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3