Scarab Finished

copyright jennife rose phillipCopyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

So after getting some good suggestions of putting this in photoshop or printing out copies and colouring the copies, I decided to leave the tail space open for right now. I can always fill it in the future, it didn't look right to me coloured in. I like the negative space it leaves uncoloured.

So its not as shiny as a peacock but I love the green colours. :)

Going to have prints tomorrow and probably a few ACEO prints to go with them. I might make some bookmarks with this printed on them if I can get the formatting right and I need to see if I can find any good quotes to put on the bookmarks. Suggestions?

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:13 am

    This is gorgeous.

    Done and done.

    There is a Plutarch quote in the big middle of this wikipedia page about scarab beetles...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_beetle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Jennifer! Now, seeing it in the 'whole', I can see that you went with the best option, as it balances well with the top part of the winged section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! thats beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anon. The quotes are good, but a bit long for a bookmark :)

    Thanks Serena :) I did a quick colouring job on a print out and it just seemed like too much colour (and too much purple) Glad it balances out :)

    Thanks tina :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Jennifer!
    I don't know of any quotes offhand but you might check quotegarden.com for some. Bookmarks are an excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:36 pm

    Hi Jennifer,
    That's me, "anon". I hit the "publish button" before I filled in the blanks.

    This site has lots of 'quotes'.

    http://en.thinkexist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ann :D That site is useful, def. bookmarking it to use in the future :)

    found this “Most children have a bug period, and I never grew out of mine.” on that site leslie. thanks another site to bookmark for quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely, I so do like a blue and green combination despite the old adage....
    Lovely work, hope all is well with your Dad today - ChrissyX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:22 am

    It is beautiful!!


    I also hope your father is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:04 am

    Love your scarab Jennifer, the colours work so well together....must do a Mandala with this as the theme as I love all things Egyptian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3