Deuce Finished

"Deuce" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Photos taken with permission from here

I am not completely satisfied with this. Yesterday my hand decide it didn't want to work anymore and spasmed on me :/ The dark line next to his ear is a result of that. And his nose too. I would have just erased the marks but can't without that being noticeable.

When I look at this it looks all skewed. Maybe from looking at it so long. I don't know :/ I think I need to practice more with graphite. Which is odd because its what I have used the most, just out of practice using coloured pencils so much. I think I will redo this in coloured pencil. Never done a black dog with CPs so it should be interesting.

Normally I wouldn't post art that I think is messed up. But its always good to get advice on work you do and another pair of eyes can spot the mistakes you missed. So any suggestions I am more than willing to hear them :D (hmm back to school with me I think :p)

hmm this is kind of a negative sounding post.

I need to think of a SPT wearing my tiara again. Hanging laundry wearing the tiara? :p

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:43 pm

    Look at the drawing in the mirror...wearing your tiara.

    I think you have his cuteness all captured!
    His head is at a funny tilt in the photo, so he made it extra challenging to draw! That's just sooooo like him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love his fluffy hang dog expression whcih you have caught beautifully....but hey I had a bad day today doing a portrait, blimin' nightmare....but like you, I think I was not relaxing and being too picky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least he looks cute, if not exactly like him :) I fell asleep before I took a photo with the tiara oops :/

    I just couldn't seem to draw yesterday :/ its frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not see a single mistake on there but I guess it is more obvious to the person creating the piece as they had a certain idea. I really like it and wish I could draw like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this picture, i love it when dog tilt there heads.....taking everything in you say....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to you both :D

    Our Rottie would always tilt his head and get us to laugh and then he would grin at the same time, causing me to laugh more lol He just looked so cute (even if he knew if he did tilt his head he would get a cookie, hmm thats probably why he did it :p)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3