Owl Update

Snowy Owls Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

So started to colour an owl today. Trying to get a really soft look to the bird, not a lot of detail just focusing on the feather texture. I still need to add a few more dark blues to get a few feather markings down, but I am going to try not to use too much greys. You can get some really nice greys just from using purple and blue colours. Hopefully have this almost finished tomorrow so I can get a better picture for here.

I started a few more things on my 101 list, but haven't finished anything else since last week. Getting a list of all the dog breeds in the UK Kennel Club and the Canadian Kennel Club. The list is turning out to be longer then I thought it would lol And I have never seen some of the breeds so not sure how easy it is going to be sketching them all.

I'm glad I have a few sketchbook laying around empty waiting to be filled with dog sketches if I find reference pictures for some of the dogs. If we hadn't put wallpaper on the wall I would have painted dogs on them :p

Comments

  1. i love watching works in process.
    this is going to be so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:09 am

    The owls are looking wonderful. I am a fan of your birds!

    (No, don't make a fan of the birds...is that what you've done with the parrot?)
    Arrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks leslie :) I will swear till I am blue in the face that I have never seen the parrot. *takes off blue feathered hat* :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3