Dahlia Finished!

Dahlia drawing in coloured pencil copyright Jennifer rose phillip"Endless Petals" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
Coloured Pencil on Canson Mi-Tientes
For sale here or click on the image

Breathes :p As much as this made me want to pull my grey hair out at times, I want to do another dahlia drawing lol I think they are called Cactus Dahlias, but I could be wrong. Thank you Tina for the comment in the last dahlia post, good title :)


Here is an extreme close up showing the pencil pigment on the paper. Up close it almost looks like a painting. :)

And a framed version if I ever have the money to frame it (if it doesn't sell) After I use this in my portfolio to try to get into Uni I will be selling it.

Comments

  1. It is gorgeous, as soon as I get the chance (my toolbar) I will stumble it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just gorgeous (what other word would apply to a lovely flower?). The colours are so rich and deep. The close-up is great--shows off what is so wonderful about coloured pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks :D I wish more people would see coloured pencils at not just being playthings for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this turned out beautifully. Gratifying after all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:25 am

    Beautiful work Jennifer, and really bold to do a pink flower on red paper, but it works wonderfully well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3