Creative Space january15th


Creative Space january15th
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

My desk on a good day :p I should take the time to put them back in the jars but when I'm drawing I kinda get lazy and its so much easier to just put them on the desk. Of course that means they fall off the desks more, but really they can't get much worse :/

I'm not shy about saying how much the quality of Prismas has gone down the last few years. I have a set that I have had since I was 13, that has been back and forth between provinces, multiple plane flights and I never have any breakage issues with them. The newer sets have been babied but they are always breaking :/

So I'm trying to go through them all and replace them with Derwents for the reasons I hardly have a breakage problem and they are so much easier to get here.

At least I'm not a painter that would have to deal with paint having exploded in luggage and walk around with spotted pants (trousers, not underwear. That is still getting me odd looks :p I always forget pants are underwear here)

Finished 3 more things on my 101 list:
65.Learn how to work Linux properly (its on my laptop now)
69.Figure out how to use all the settings on my phone (way too much phone for me, but it is useful to have I'm afraid to drop it)
71.Learn how to use Gimp properly

only 92 left to go :p

More creative spaces here

Comments

  1. I love my colored pencils. Which reminds me that I need to get back to trying to learn how to draw-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard a few complaints about the prismacolours breaking a lot though i have to say that is has happened with my son's derwent colours too. we were told that the package could have been dropped through the shipping process which would account for the breakages. it only happened with one of his colours though.

    i guess 'knickers' is an english term then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey....a familiar look to that desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda make sure you post your art when you decide to draw again :D

    Serena- It probably has a lot to do with shipping and I seem to have bad luck with Prismas lately. I wish I could get them open stock here as there are a few colours that I love and will miss. Then again I have had to argue with shop staff when they dropped my pencils on the counter and wouldn't give me new ones (one of the only times I have ever asked for a manager in a store. Found out dad knew the manager and he gave me a big discount on the supplies I was buying, so it worked out in the end) this reply got really long lol

    lol crafters and artists don't have time to straighten their desk :p takes away from working :) Its neat to see other people's work spaces. Sometimes gives me ideas of how to be a little more organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love looking at someone elses workspace, it is intriguing somehow...
    Interesting to hear how you feel about Primas/Derwent. I am planning to buy something different to Prismas next time, they are getting on my nerves for crumbling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a set of Polys but they are not cheap. Actually I want to try any oil based pencil rather then wax based like the ones I've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trousers are called pants in Lancashire too - I'm not sure why but lots of people here (I'm not from Lancashire originally)call them pants :) They are also called trolleys (or trolls for short) - I've never known why!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haven't heard that one, hubby says he has though. I would think people were talking about trolls under a bridge lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use regular kid colored pencils to mark off my cross-stitch charts as I stitch. I do the same thing! Stick 'em on the table where they are happy to roll to the floor!

    Hmmm. Perhaps I ought to get a second pencil holder ... one for all the colors ... another for the colors currently in use.

    Makin' Space,
    Cameo @-->-->---

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do most of my art with Prismas and have Derwents too! I have SO many colored pencils. I love working with them more than anything because I have more control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...I love the soft & brightness of the Prisma's. I hand-sharpen with knife & have no problem with breakage, but never ever use a sharpener anymore because of same. Mine tumble down too...argh! There's never enough space. Love the pics of your workspace. Love to see the spillage of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:02 pm

    Yes, Derwent is much, much better. I switched a while back and have been happy as a clam. I love the Coloursoft line. Just fantastic to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3