Foxgloves WIP Post One

Not a thrilling blog title but here is the start to the Foxgloves on the black Stonehenge paper that Vic sent me :) The flowers drawn out and transfered and with the very basic highlights put in. There isn't a very strong light source for this, its very subtle so don't need bright white highlights on it.

Put in some light pink/peach where the spots are. I am not going to draw everyone of those spots (I don't feel like going insane this week, maybe next week :p), just want to suggest them.

Starting in on the petals, deco pink first (last one :/) and then a few layers of peach and yellow. So far I actually like this paper. Much better then white Stonehenge, it does take a lot of layers but the colour seems to go down quicker. Once I am done I will write a longer report on the paper.


Some of the colours used. Mostly Prismacolors but I'm using a white Coloursoft and the Royal Purple Coloursoft.

And where I am at the moment. I need to darken the inside of the bell, the spots and add more pink shades to it, possibly a little yellow if the paper will take more colour once the pinks are down. This is going to take awhile I think, so I will be jumping between this, my eagles and getting the tattoo commission finished up :)

And look what Lynsey from Cuteable sent me! :D Lots of paper to play with, so will be getting my watercolour pencils out in the next few days. I need to put a shelf up for all of my supplies now. Running out of room lol I would love to have a studio, and it wouldn't have to be big. Even just the size of our living room, which isn't big at all. But it would be nice to have a place for all of my supplies and stepping on dropped pencils forgotten on the floor isn't good for the feet :p (but I do have a pencil piece in my hand from almost 20 years ago and it hasn't killed me so don't think another one would hurt :p hopefully....)

Comments

  1. They are going to be beautiful! I can't wait....
    I stabbed myself with a stick pen with india ink in it. I have a 'tattoo' dot on my hand now from reaching into my bag 15 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heh heh, I get the 1st comment for a change. Love to see your WIP; looking forward to your beautiful foxgloves and happy gardening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious as to how the black paper will work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so soft and delicate. How do you like working on black paper? I've never tried that. Wonder if i could do a sketch of Isabella on black paper?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch Michelle! well cheaper then getting a tattoo artist to do it ;)

    ingrid- thanks and almost first ;)

    Jenifir- the paper seems to be working all right so far *crosses fingers*

    Linda- the colours seem to work faster together on the black paper if that makes any sense :) Isabella would look great on black :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's coming along well, Jennifer.

    Ouch on the pencil stab....I've had a few of them myself. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a fun one to watch, especially being on black paper.
    I'm not even going to ask how you got a pencil piece in your hand :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you are going to be busy :) I would love to have a dedicated craft space too - *dreams on*!

    Lots of lovely paper to play with - cool :D! (Interesting to see how the black paper works out)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its looking good already. Doing it in a black background it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Serena- thank you :) pencil stabs are never fun :/

    Ann- lol was in class sitting playing with a pencil with my right hand when the person in front of me decided to get up. They pushed their chair back, it hit the pencil and the pencil went into my hand :/ Had to break it off but there was about half a cm left I couldn't get out. Surprisingly no blood 0.o

    Alison- the black paper is working out all right, little odd to use though. I hope both of us one day have a dedicated crafting space, would be so nice :D

    Shashi- thank you :D I wanted a dark background so this saves time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3