Uncle Fred?


4/365 11-07-09
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Jeanette has issued a rock challenge so people can get work on their rock skills and see what other people are doing. I have decided to participate because it never hurts to practice and these are the first of my attempts.

The cliffs in Arbroath drawn in my little sketchbook with graphite. I really just wanted to focus on the rough lines, and then the shading. I think that if I draw this section of the cliffs again I will use colour.

And some little colourful pebbles :) Inktense on Langton paper which works really well. The colours are really bright on this paper and the pencils glide over the surface. Really just wanted to see how the Inktense worked on this paper so wasn't too worried about the texture of the pebbles but I did manage to get a smooth texture to most of them with a few little cracks showing up :)

Comments

  1. Love the 'rock' drawing - great to paricipate in these challenges :) I like it as it is without colour.

    The pebbles look lovely - great as a card illustration or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like participate in the challenges, wish I had time to do more :) can learn a lot from them

    yeah didn't think they would work as card illustrations but I guess they would :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the challenge photos. Love the colorful pebbles too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great. It is really good to participate in these challenges as it forces us to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Norma, I want to do a whole bunch of brightly coloured pebbles now :)

    Thanks Shashi, and it is great practice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3