Moo

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

Quick little post of progress on the skeebie. i have found out that skeebie must be a regional word for a highland cow because people in class had no idea what I was talking about. But I have also found that common for other Scottish words. Some people have no idea what some words are. Especially words that Mr.F's grandparents generation uses. I couldn't even start to figure out how to spell some of the words that Mr.F's grandfather uses. And uses just to get a confused look on my face :p but its funny all the same :)

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:40 pm

    That is the cutest animal drawing I've seen from you so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is turning out wonderful. Is it the first time you are doing a cow as I have not seen you doing anything other than a dragon or a horse before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm thinking 'skeebie' isn't a breed of cow, but a generic name: what kind of cow is this, that you have so beautifully drawn???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just assumed skeebie was your name for it, lol ~ Nice drawing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. Love cows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a neat idea for a Christmas card. Nice drawing of Skeebie. I hope you are feeling better? Still flu?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute....I love the fringe!

    Yep, Aussie lingo has changed over the generations here too. Some of the things I would say back in my day would not be known or understood by the kids of this generation. I used to LOVE hearing my Scottish grandmother talking. I remember her always saying the word 'bairns (not sure of the spelling)' for 'kids/children'. Do they use that term in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks nuvonova :D

    shashi thank you :) hmm i think its the first time i've drawn a cow, yeah it probably is :)

    cindy its a highland cow. big hairy things with horns :)

    carla, thank you :)

    michelle so do i. its a better name for the breed :)

    blue thank you :) yep still flu :/

    serena, yep that word is still used :) not sure how to spell it either :)*goes to look up*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3