Friday, December 17, 2010

Stabs with Pencil

I would have more of this done, but my hand went dead the other day and its really hard to draw when your hand feels like a dead weight (its a really odd feeling, not exactly like when your hand falls asleep, but like it weighs 50 pounds and you can't control it properly). So progress has been slow, but I hope to get at least the basic shading done tomorrow.

I need to practice drawing with my left hand more, just in case I lose all the feeling in my right hand. It doesn't happen often, but when it does happen its a pain in the ass and is one of the only things that really pisses me off about the MS. I can live with the brain farts, the limping, hell I can even live with injections 3 times a week, but I think losing the ability to draw would really drive me insane.

4 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

That would be hard (losing ability with your right hand.) Your work is coming along beautifully!

Chrissy said...

It is looking great. I hope your hand improves soon, it must be a worry and I can understand why it is so frustrating.

Sandy said...

Sorry to read about your hand. I am left handed and started years ago practicing with my right hand (when I use to talk on the telephone a lot, ha)..I would doodle. anyway, I can write just as well with my right as my left.

I sure hope you get relief from that.



I love the idea that what one can imagine with their mind about their body, their central nerve system thinks is real. A lemon is a good example - sour..and all of a sudden the mouth tingles.

possibly...that might help...seeing that hand picking up a pencil and drawing with no problem.

I like the drawing.

Jennifer Rose said...

thanks sandi :) it is hard, happened once so far and it was not fun :/

thanks chrissy :D

sandy, it does help, thanks :)