Seeing Stripes

The class went to Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design last Tuesday to the open day to have a look at some portfolios of students that were excepted this year. Made me realize 2 things;
1. I really, really need to use my sketchbooks more
2. I have no chance in hell of getting in

Well no, I could, but with so many people applying to the uni, and with not a lot of places, it is hard to get in. So I have to apply to other places to, but that means a move if I got into any of them.

Working on my sketchbooks is a bit easier to deal with. Just have to remember to have one with me at all times, and if worse comes to worse, draw with blood :p

Still practising painting. The Zebra eye still needs eyelashes and the whole thing needs some value changes, but its coming along well :) And it sort of goes with the horse theme I've chosen, hmmm maybe I should change the theme to equines....

Comments

  1. The zebra is looking great! :)

    I need to use my sketchbook more also...less procrastinating about what to sketch would be a bonus for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, lets hope it doesn't come down to using blood :) I think changing your theme to equines wouldn't be 'cheating' if that is what your worried about, you do good zebras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I await the eyelashes, but equines would cover a range of things (including unicorns??) There was some interesting discussion on All in the Mind on our Radio National about practice and expertise. 10,000 hours is a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep some pencils and pens on strings 'round your neck ...for drawing....
    ... and.... just remember... continue to have fun with whatever you are doing.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3