Round and Round

Decided to do a WIP of how I do a linocut print :) Its either going to turn out or turn into a mess :p

First I draw an image that I like. This was going to be another reduction print, but I've changed my mind since I originally drew this. But I still like the drawing enough to use it.

I then put some tracing paper on the image and use a soft pencil trace over the drawing lines. You can see that I have changed the colours to different line thickness'.

Then I tape the tracing paper to the lino. If you are going to be printing words, remember to flip them or when you print the block the words will be backwards :p Rub the paper with something hard, I use a ruler. This will transfer the lines onto the block if you have pressed hard enough.


You then end up with an image transfer on the block that you can either go over with a sharpie to darken or just start cutting into the block right away. :)

*crosses fingers for the next step :)

Comments

  1. I love it!! Can't wait to see the next step...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great :) I look forward to seeing the next bit too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks michelle :)

    thank you chrissy :)

    thanks serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - can't wait to see it cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love that, I think it is great!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3