No I didn't throw up on a piece of fabric and call it art :p Its my first try at a rust print. Wasn't actually looking to make anything pretty, just seeing if it would work.
Took a rusty tube,( looked like a car part, but I'm not really sure), wrapped it in a whitish rag and then soaked it with vinegar. The classroom smelt like I had gone out for fish and chips :p
Let it dry over the weekend and then unwrapped it. I know it works now, so can try again with different shapes and fabric. This will probably just get glued into my sketchbook along with any notes I make. I found that the vinegar worked better than using salt and water. The salt still worked, but the print was very very light.