Book Wrap Up for July (Part 1)

For this month I read 11 books, and it would great if I could keep up that pace so I meet my goal of 75 books read this year, but I don't see that happening with college starting soon.

1.Incarceron (Incarceron #1)by




The Man in the High Castle by







Blood Red Road (Dust Lands #1)by

which is a problem when the story is so character driven and we should care about them. Will I read the second one? I might give it a look just to see what happens to the bird :p




4.Dust and Decay (Benny Imura #2)by Jonathan Maberry

I hadn't read the first in the series but that wasn't an issue since its easy to figure out what happened reading the first few chapters of the second book. YA zombie dystopian fiction :) Quick enjoyable read, can't really say anything other then that. The characters are slightly more developed then the previous book, so with some of them, you are rooting for them not to get bit. I did enjoy the little inserts about the zombies, they didn't seem out of place and helped move the story along.



5.The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by

I liked this book, but after awhile I just got sick of the main character Allan meeting all these different people. Yes, I know he is 100 years old, he would have done a lot in 100 years,and its only a story, but come on. It just ended up feeling like the author was just picking important/semi-important people from recent history, pretty much name dropping. I really just wanted to find out what happened to the characters in the present day of the story. I found them a lot more interesting then what had happened in Allan's past, which seemed to be: Allan meets important person,gets in trouble, gets lucky, ends up out of trouble. And repeat :/

The story was easy to follow, the characters, while not always believable, were written well enough to start caring for a few of them. There were a few funny moments where I did laugh, but not as much as people said I would.


Part 2 coming up :) I know that not everyone likes reading book reviews, but by posting them it helps me remember what a book was about and maybe give someone an idea for something to read. 

Comments

  1. I really like alternate history books, but I also require an ending!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i think the open ending on that book might jut bug people a lot. from what i have read, he did mean to write a sequel, but he is dead now, so thats not happening :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3