Kiss Kiss

I spent 3 hours walking around the Scottish National Gallery and my foot is killing me, but I really wanted too see this before it was gone in February.

thekiss4 
Auguste Rodin’s The Kiss. This is the second of three full scale marble versions.

 thekiss2
I wasn't going to go to Edingburgh to see it since my foot and jaw are killing me, but John said I would probably in the future want to kick myself if I didn't go, so off we went, and not a very nice day to go. It was pouring rain and windy the whole way there and back :/

thekiss1
It is very impressive to see in person, weighs 3.5 tons o.0 how they got it in the building I have no idea. Really liked being able to walk all the way around the sculpture and see every part of it.

  thekiss3 
The muscle definition is amazing, I can't imagine the work that goes into making something like this. Glad I did go see it, and glad I could take some photos of it.

Comments

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing those fabulous photos. I think John was right on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome :) I was really happy when one of the guards said it was OK to take photos as long as there was no flash

      Delete
  2. Glad you went! Those once in a lifetimes stick with you for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah its def. something I wont forget :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, thanks for sharing that. And I agree, it was the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your welcome :) yeah sore today but was worth going to see:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3