September Books Wrap UP

A Stainless Steel Rat is Born (Stainless Steel Rat, #1)A Stainless Steel Rat is Born by Harry Harrison
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Quick and easy to read. I liked the main character Jim, the rest of the characters don't really matter. They are either not around long enough or are just a means to an end for Jim.

You can def. tell its a Harry Harrison novel with the combo, of scifi, humour and satire.

The Stainless Steel Rat (Stainless Steel Rat, #4)The Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Going to write a review once I have read the whole series. This is the fourth one I've read, and there are 11 in total.




DraculaDracula by Bram Stoker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Most people know the story; lawyer goes to Transylvania to finish a house buy with a creepy old man, weird stuff happens to the lawyer, eventually leaves creepy old castle, creepy old man however is on his way to London. A Young women starts to get sick after making out in a graveyard with a stranger, another old science type guy is brought in, figures out what is wrong, but the women (spoiler!) dies anyway. Lots of going around messing up soil/dirt happens, another women gets bit, everyone goes to hunt the creepy old man, the end. oh and a guy loves eating bugs :p

(would have given it 5 stars but the ending is really anti climatic)

So only 5 books read this month, but I blame that on having to do work and Uni at the same time. So I either read more or draw less :p

Comments

  1. I didn't so much reding in September but I am making up for it now. I remember one really good TV Dracula based closely on the book, the book suffers from our familiarity with the story I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've only seen the Dracula with keenu Reeve in it :p but like Frankenstein, it is a story most people know about

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3