I might need more White Pencils

I think I have another one somewhere, and hope that I do or this isn't going to be finished until next week *crosses fingers*

Its almost like painting for me on this paper and these pencils, I should probably try actual pastel pencils next on it since that is mainly what it is for. I have a few sitting around so will have to come up with an idea for what is left of the paper.

Need to darken the values on this because when you turn the picture grey scale, you can see I need to shade the area around her muzzle more and the shadows on the tongue need to be darkened as well. Handy tool turning your drawing into grey scale, really does help see the parts of a drawing that still need work.


Comments

  1. Love your drawing. He really looks ready to jump out of the canvas. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is coming along nicely and I think seeing the greyscale is very helpful. I have just had a thought, I don't think I have ever seen a photo of her without her tongue lolling out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rolina :) lol I will try to see if I can find a photo without her tongue hanging out, but it usually is :p

      Delete
  3. What a great idea. I've used a mirror to check the composition but didn't think about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the mirror trick is great, if I can't find one tho I just reverse the image in photosho usually, works close enough :)

      Delete
  4. Great drawing - great tip. Thanks, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3