A Month Later

So its been exactly a  month since my TMJ replacement and while the scar is looking good, my vision is still messed up. Plus I think I have a cracked/broken tooth but it will be months before that can be even looked at properly, so yay :p

I don't regret doing it, don't think that, never mind I didn't have a choice in it because of how bad it was getting, just a little annoyed since the pain has flared back up. Its still bruised, which is odd but doesn't show up in photos oddly enough. So happy that its been a month and the scar is looking good, not happy since the pain has come back.

Anyway a photo update of the scar :)

I can't really touch my face without it feeling like I am being prodded with a cattle prod, hence why there is still dried blood in places. Swelling has gone down, another good point, just a pain in the butt to have to go back to eating yogurt all the time :p

Comments

  1. I hope the pain goes away and you're feeling better soon. I love your dragons in the post below!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I hope your vision is better soon too!

      Delete
    2. thank you :) and thank you about the dragons

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this procedure before so I spend a while looking it up. I pray that things get back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its not a common one since people tend to just pass the problems down to getting old or dont even have any pain with it so don't think anything of it, having the surgery done tho can help people a lot :) and thank you

      Delete
  3. it was a huge procedure, and I admire the way you "carried on with your work" - good to seeing it healing so well. Bummer about the vision though. Fingers crossed all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the vision thing is the most annoying of it all lol its like walking around having your eyes opened under water :p
      thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    You already know very well how much I hope you're good-as-new again very soon, so today, I'll simply say, hang in there!
    Best Wishes,
    Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary,
      Thank you :) hanging in there killing time is pretty mush all that can be done :) hope the race went well :)

      Delete
  5. Jennifer, you are very brave to have undergone this major surgery. I've studied some anatomy and physiology, and appreciate the seriousness of this. A lot of facial nerves have been jostled and bruised, and will take months to settle down. I hope all continues to heal beautifully!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks kathryn :)

      yeah a lot of nerves have been messed up, got lucky with the last surgery but seems like with this one more damage was done to the nerves. thank you again :)

      Delete
  6. Ow. Gosh, you do go through a lot. Hope it all heals up nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ingrid :) I so use to things happening now I hardly register when something happen lol

      Delete
  7. Well good news mostly and thought the scar looks angry, I can barely see any swelling. It must be sooo annoying having to eat soft mushy food. I hope the nerves settle down quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the swelling has mostly gone away now unless you feel my neck and then you feel a big lump under my chin :/ I've given up eating mushy foods and suffer through the pain lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3