Weekly Book Wrap Up

I didn't finish anything last week, so am one book behind now :( But I have a lot of physical books I can read now, so should get caught up in no time. And its almost summer, so I am hoping we get some nice weather unlike last summer where all it did was rain. I am not buying sunscreen this year. I think I cursed the weather by buying sunscreen in the hope of a beach day lol

CrashCrash by J.G. Ballard
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

OK, you expect this to be an odd book considering the subject matter, people with a sexual fetish for accidents, but the book was actually boring more than odd. Parts of this were a struggle to read, not because of the very visual descriptions of sex and car accidents, but because I thought most of the story felt really forced and because of that, boring. A lot of it dragged on so it felt like it didn't go anywhere. Maybe the author is just not one for me.

My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and ApologisesMy Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Entertaining light hearted read with a few tug on your heartstring moments. Interesting and odd characters and a story within a story that I enjoyed.




2016 Reading Challenge

2016 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 29 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reviews, I don't think I'd enjoy Crash either. Maybe I should buy some sunscreen in the hopes of cooler weather, I don't think it will work though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its been snowing off and on all day here :/ Crash is def not a book for everyone to read

      Delete
  2. We are waiting for Autumnal weather. It has been 25 in the day and will be 14 one night. Yes, I agree about your sunscreen curse, but do buy some: don't burn!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3