Back to the Barn owl

Have a week and a bit before I am back at uni, so need to get this finished before because I doubt I will have time once I am back at school

After putting some brush strokes down in the direction of the feathers, I blend it together so the lines are not so stark.

I just repeat the steps, line colours and then light blending to try to make the digital art looks as much like hand painted art as possible. Obliviously, you can tell its a digital painting, but I still want to try as much as I can to make it look "real".

Why don't I just paint it then you might ask? Allergies and having to clean up paint really knocks me on my butt. So it is just easier for me to paint digitally, even if it sometimes takes me longer than it would if I was painting with actual paint.

A close up of the neck area showing how the "paint" texture looks.



Comments

  1. it is quite beautiful
    looks like it is floating in the sky
    why kind of paint do you have allergies to? acrylic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can use acrylics if the window is open, watercolours are ok, but most other paints cause problems. told its allergic asthma, so can't breath right around paints. oil paints bring me out in hives :/ so I tell younger artists all the time now to be careful when painting. :)

      Delete
  2. amazing digital art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic art! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the owl is looking incredible! I love him. I'm allergic to traditional oils and solvents too, but not as much as you are, no hives, just allergic asthma...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lisa :) thankfully the hived only happen if I forget to wash wear they spill right away or my arm can get really itchy :/ more artists need to be aware of allergic asthma, i see so many people at uni do things they shouldn't which can lead to getting it :/

      Delete
  5. this is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'd never know it's digital..great job..you have captured the strokes very well! So sad you are allergic, but wonderful to have the digital option. I love playing digitally..

    Hugs Giggles

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) that is a good thing you can't really tell its digital :) I don't generally paint enough for it to be a big deal, if I was doing Find Art at uni it might be a bigger problem :)

      Delete
  7. Well, you're doing a great job making it look like a hand painted owl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3