Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Left Handed Sketches #128 & #129

An Egyptian Goose. Growing up I wanted to be a lot of things, a palaeontologists, a marine biologist, or an Egyptologist so I would see a lot of these geese drawn or carved on objects. Its odd I went into art when those things are science type jobs lol I guess I could have taken biology highers here or history but I did art instead. I didn't have the high school marks to really do any of those things with out taking courses to catch up, but you try going to 4 different high schools and have good marks lol by the end I just wanted the diploma. I might still try to do something with history when I am finished graphics, never too old to try and learn, but that depends on time and money.


A confused looking chicken, this angle was a bit difficult to draw with my left hand but I think I got it in the end.

8 comments:

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

These are beautiful. The lines are powerful and elegant.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful left handed sketches ~ well done! ^_^

Thanks, for visiting and commenting on my blog ~ ^_^

2paw said...

Life rarely turns out to be rational or follow the path you desire. I mostly feel like that chicken, which looks excellently confused!!

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Lisa :)

thank you again carol for visiting :)

lol Cindy, I feel the same way sometimes

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Love that chicken!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Loving all your bird sketches they are lovely.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

thanks Michelle and Shashi :)

Studio at the Farm said...

Jen, your Egyptian goose is a beauty!!! I loved your write-up, too - seems we shared many ambitions/dreams when young. I always wanted to join up with Jacques Cousteau. Then it was an astronaut.
Anyway, thank you so much for your comment on the fox. I think I am finally getting back on track with my art. Visiting with Linda was like re-uniting with an old, good friend. She was very inspiring. will be seeing her again many more times!!

Kathryn