Weekly Book Wrap Up

Still reading the Big Bloody Book, aka War and Peace, it will be the death of me. I like it, but its really long lol and I'm thinking of reading Les Misérables next and its longer, (655,478 words) Trying to get through a bunch of graphic design books too plus a lot of things for 3D work. I need to read faster, or stop looking at South Korea videos on youtube lol


 The Mad Ship 
(Liveship Traders, #2)The Mad Ship by Robin Hobb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Once again, too many characters to really start to care about any of them. We do get to learn more about the Rain Wilds, not a lot but enough to keep my interest up when the story focuses on the events happening there. The dragon surprise(was it supposed to be a surprise?) was too predictable, thought that was what was going to happen since the first book. And I found Malta going from a spoiled brat to a responsible person because she gets (view spoiler) a pretty weak character development point. Yes, people do change from traumatic events, but even as the character is trying to act more mature she still comes off as a brat. hmm maybe I just don't like the character lol
I've read the series this far, might as well finish it lol

View all my reviews

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Lie Tree
tagged: currently-reading
In Cold Blood
tagged: currently-reading
War and Peace
tagged: currently-reading
Ship of Destiny
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 24 books toward her goal of 40 books.
hide

Comments

  1. Good luck with your reading of the book "War and Peace!" The next book "Les Misérables" you will enjoy more...

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review and the potential reasons for my painting paints' not wanting to stick... I haven't read War and Peace, but I remember enjoying Les Miserables when I read it quite some time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Norma :) People have said Les Mis is a better read and easier to get into :)

    Lisa, good to know another person enjoyed Les Mis :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3