End of Year Book Wrap Up

Surprisingly I read a few books this year that I rated 5 stars over on Goodreads, so here is the list.

Clockwork Boys (Clocktaur War, #1)Clockwork Boys by T. Kingfisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It made me laugh, took less than a day to read and I really liked the characters. Interesting premise, nothing too new in the fantasy genre, but still interesting enough to keep me reading. Def a character driven book, but the characters are great and as usual for this author, the characters are as practical as possible

View all my reviews

  The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Very character driven story and a lot of varied characters of type and sex. If you want big space battles this story isn't for you, this story is more about how all these species interact with each other and live in outer space. Which I actually found refreshing since a lot of sci-fi is more about who to kill next lol

View all my reviews

  Embers of War (Embers of War, #1)Embers of War by Gareth L. Powell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this. Entertaining space opera, great characters and space battles too!

View all my reviews





  Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2)Caliban's War by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Re-read. Still enjoyed it. more characters to read than the first one, but not so many they seem pointless to the story. love Bobbie and Chrisjen's interactions.

On to the next book :)


older review:
Great book, funny and fast paced. I thought this sequel was better then the first actually :)

View all my reviews

  The Sheep Look UpThe Sheep Look Up by John Brunner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well that was depressing lol

I really did enjoy it though. Thought it was well written, the jump cut style editing and writing worked well to get across how messed up things are and the panic people have about what is going on. Definitely a very extreme example of what could happen to the earth if people don't start paying attention to pollution and how we treat the planet.

View all my reviews Nemesis Games (The Expanse, #5)Nemesis Games by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Really enjoyed this. I thought breaking up the main characters would actually hurt the story since the characters work so well together, but giving each character their own part in the story helped break up the possible monotony from the same things happening again and again. It helps if you have read the short stories to fill in some of the info here, but you still can figure out enough of what has happened in the past to the characters to enjoy the story. Really curious what is going to happen next, and how a certain stolen thing will come into play.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3