Weekly Book Wrap Up

Myths and Mortals (Numina #2)Myths and Mortals by Charlie N. Holmberg
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

OK for a second book, not too much telling of the backstory from book 1 (too much can be boring) but also almost no character development for Sandis, who I would have thought with being the m ain character she would have been more developed. This books follows pretty much the same plot as the first book, find trouble, run from trouble etc....
The mythological lore is interesting, and yay for not having a love triangle, even though the set up was there for one.

View all my reviews

  Siege and Sacrifice (Numina #3)Siege and Sacrifice by Charlie N. Holmberg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fitting conclusion to the trilogy. Much more action packed then the last book.

View all my reviews




  The Seventh BrideThe Seventh Bride by T. Kingfisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting retelling of the story of Bluebeard with a bit of magic. Great strong characters and a nice take on what happened to his previous wives and why the character has so many wives.

View all my reviews

 

Jennifer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The City of Brass
tagged: currently-reading
Time Out of Joint
tagged: currently-reading
A Floating City
tagged: currently-reading
From the Earth to the Moon
tagged: currently-reading
The Island of Doctor Moreau
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

2019 Reading Challenge

2019 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 34 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Comments

  1. glad you had a 4 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reviews, Jennifer. They have saved me a lot of money, & have helped me consider books I would not normally take a second look at:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Chris :) saving money is great and even better if you read books you would have never read :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3