Royal Highland Show 2007

Some photos and a youtube video I took of the torrential rain, that John and I suffered for about 85% of today, John says his socks were squelchy, (then again my sandals weren't much better.) Saw lots of things, could have seen more but we were both tired after a long day and from having to walk around in the rain. I did see how people had their booths (indoors and outdoors) set up, so that was helpful info to have for the future.

This baby goat kept trying to eat my umbrella, it was cute but I really needed my umbrella today so a bunch of holes would not have been a good thing (I ended up soaked even with an uneaten umbrella anyway). For some strange reason any animal that was within grabbing distance always tried to eat it.

Rabbits? Sheep?? You decide.

For some reason I just found this sight and the sign amusing (doesn't take much apparently to get a laugh out of me).

A skeebie. There were a few calves in the area but most of those pictures turned out blurry because they kept moving around, did manage to pet one though. It was very soft. Some of the bulls were HUGE!!, very imposing.

Loved the horns on these (Jacob sheep). Got lots of pictures to draw from.

And this is how I felt by the end of the day :-p

Short video of the rain (very exciting :-p), we were standing under a tent to try to avoid getting drenched (didn't work), so you hear the rain hitting the tarp.



Comments

  1. Oh, thank you for all the photos and video! I was so surprised to see Clydesdales in equitation classes! That is what I saw, isn't it? The donkey class was SO sweet. And fatty little happy ponies in the lead line class. Adorable.
    It was as good as being there, almost, and dry, too!
    Thanks Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome :)
    There were clydesdales being riden, I'll post a picture of one.
    I never got to see the ponies :( And didn't get to see the Heavy Horse Turnouts because we left early. Didn't matter anyway, they canceled the turnout because of the rain and muddy ring. Next year if we go, im hoping it doesn't rain so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of the horse with his tongue out and your comment ... I have days when I feel like that too haha!
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Britt :) Got a few pictures of this horse yawning too (I was doing that all day too, almost fell asleep in the car on the way home), but I'm glad this one was in focus enough to post. Unlike a few other pictures that are just a blur of brown and white as the horse moved as soon as the camera button was pushed. Why can't they stand still all the time! :p

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3