Saturday, October 18, 2008

Aztec Dragon WIP Post#1

"Camouflage?" Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

So from mooning peaches to angry dragons. I have had this idea in my head for a long time. Draw one of my dragons next to one of the serpents that was on an Aztec wall. The ancient Aztecs fascinate me, especially Quetzalcoatl.

I transferred the sketch onto watercolour paper, and used my trusty Neocolours for a quick background. I am going to use the Neocolours for more than background colours one day. Once I get some canvas I want to see how they act on that surface.

I think I will make the dragon either red or orange. A really warm coloured dragon to stand out from the green. Xmas Aztec dragon :p And then all kinds of colours for his feathers.

Faded colours on the stones, but mostly grey rock with the odd patch of moss.

3 comments:

Macpurp said...

oh this is gonna be fab!

I love dragons xx

have a great Sunday x

Chrissy said...

I love the background, its looking good :-D

Jennifer Rose said...

Thanks :D