Update on the Blue Dragon

I am almost finished with the dragon on this. I think I will just leave it alone until the rest of it is painted and then go back and touch up some areas where the paint either doesn't look right or spots that I missed. I'm happy with somethings and not happy with others, nothing too big to make me trash this though.
Overhead shot showing the curve of the body. I actually thought that the head would fall off or lean too much to the side when it was baked, but thankfully its still were I put it.

I wish I could actually spend more time on the scales but its killing my back working on this and I'm not putting in too much detail. I can spend hours colouring with coloured pencils but after about an hour painting my back starts to seize up. So if I do get into Uni, that def. is going to be a problem.

I'm hoping that once this is finished that the sun is shining and I can get some nice pictures outside as the flash of the camera really messes with the colours.

Comments

  1. Merry Christmas! Have a good one :D Nice dragon BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really could not do this..I always was rubbish at anything with clay. Looking good though

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love watching its progress!

    Did you have a nice Xmas yourself?

    very nice my dear. Hope your back is a better today xx
    much love Teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks :D Xmas was good, hopefully your guys' was too :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3