Eye Spy ... a new development


yellow daffodils
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Is it sad that I am only now figuring out how to use the different modes on our camera? :p

2 years later and I find that I can pick only certain colours to photograph. Neat effect that I will probably over use :p

I have said before that because we were not in this flat last year we really have no idea what is planted where. So its a really nice surprise when flowers start popping up. These are not on our side of the drying green, they run all along and stop when our part starts. odd. We are the only people in the building that actually use the drying green to dry clothes. And with the wind blowing strongly like it is today, often a few socks go flying :p

We planted a bunch of daffodil bulbs but they haven't blossomed yet :/ but the hydrangea is growing more shoots and limbs :D Probably wont flower this year because we moved it but it should next year.

For More eye spy people go here :)

Comments

  1. oh i love this!!! how beautiful is this photo?
    love teen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great photo. So ur camera lets you choose colours? The nice thing about a new hosue is that all sorts grows that you didn't know about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the drying green. In Canada we are just getting over clothesline bans!
    You are lucky. Daffadills are gorgeous, sniff them, they may also be fragant.
    PS. I love your long-winded comments, no need to shorten on my account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tina- :D I do like how the photo looks. *hugs*

    chrissy- lets us choose colours, sepia, does a bunch of other things to that I have never used lol ?I'm sure that some DSLRs do the same. finding the flowers is great, finding, finding all the building faults is not :/ and then we seem like the bad people because we complain to the council about things that they should have fixed in the first place (people before us seemed to just ignore the problems)

    ingrid- I didn't even know about the ban on clotheslines until I moved here and hubby looked it up. I've been breaking the law hanging out clothes there (daft thing to have a ban on). I always thought no one hung clothes up in where dad lived because of all the wildlife in the area :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo! You never know, those hydrangeas might surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My DSLR doesn't do that - just black and white and sepia. How cool is that though! Fortunately, it's a pretty easy effect in photoshop, but your way is MUCH faster and easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. michelle- I'm hoping they do! :D it was so pot bound that I hope the change from pot to the ground helps it.

    JudiA- I was using photoshop before but I'm glad I figured this out. it is much quicker :) hmm maybe I wont save up for a DSLR now....(but they are so pretty lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Are you serious???!!! They have actually banned clotheslines where you live? I LOVE fresh air-dried clothes.....that ban seems so unfair....why on earth would they even place a ban like that?

    I have that colour setting on my camera but have never used it....after seeing your lovely pic though I may well be tempted ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. serena- it was banned in ontario, but it was revoked awhile ago. some info here and here :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be fun to not know what is going to pop up! Daffodils are a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the links, Jennifer. Unbelievable that you wouldn't be allowed to dry your clothes on a clothesline because someone else considers them unsightly. I'm glad someone finally saw reason and lifted the ban.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3