Everyday in May #31


Forfar Loch May 31
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Gorgeous day today so went down to the Loch hoping to see some ducklings or goslings, but no luck :/ Maybe later on in the week.

There is what looks like a black rhododendron growing in the backyard. Mr.F says once it flowers it will probably be a purple colour but I hope to get a picture of it tomorrow as its so odd to me to see a black one. So crosses fingers for no rain tomorrow :)


"Everyday in May #31"
Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip

I really need to think up a title for this. Pissed off bird doesn't seem to work :p Did about 45 minutes worth of work on this today, my back is really hurting for some reason so drawing is a little sore at the moment. I wish we had room for a drafting table, but I will have one someday :) (I could always build one myself. Which is a great idea because then it would be exactly how I want it to be). Put in the lines for more feathers and started on the back of the head. Still need to darken the back of the head and then decide if I am going to include the body on the left side of the piece as it is in the picture we took but not sure how it will look here. Photoshop to the rescue! to figure out if it will work lol

So today is the last day in May. I think that doing this project has helped a lot. Yes I didn't manage to get an ACEO drawn everyday, I came close, but I do think I got in the habit of drawing everyday which was what I wanted to get out of participating. I proved to myself that I am able to get art done even when I feel horrible, that it is possible to find even 5 minutes to draw when I think I don't have the time. And that not everything I draw has to actually turn out. There will be duds, and while I don't have to show people I like posting them as it shows people that not everything works the way you wanted it to. And its nice getting comments and emails from people saying they like seeing the messed up cards lol :D

I might go back and do art for the days that I missed, but not until I finish the coloured pencil eagles :)

I'm thinking of changing the comment system again. I've said it before the comment system is really my only big complaint about blogger and I wish it was different (or easy to code yourself). So this will probably be the one I use. I do know sometimes some people are not getting replies to the comments they leave (I'm one of them lol), but on the whole people really don't seem to be having problems with it. So if in the next few days the comment boxs change that is why and if anyone has any problems with it if I do change it, please let me know :) Of course my luck something will go wrong to drive me (or Mr.F my tech guru) crazy :p

Comments

  1. He doesn't look "pissed off" to me. I see him with a thoughtful and far-seeing expression in his eye. Thank you for sharing the gift of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting through Every Day in May! Well done.

    I fell off the wagon after a while. I did sketch most days, but I stopped posting them :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:37 am

    Well done Jennifer for Everyday in May,it takes discipline to do a drawing like that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ducks and birds look to be loving that water! Lovely pic!

    Congratulations on finishing the challenge. I need to do something like that to get me back into daily blogging/art mode ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that bird! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:25 pm

    Congrats on finishing the challenge, shows alot of determination, the bird drawing is awesome and I don't think it loks pissed off either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks Judi :) that is a really nice comment :)

    thanks rose :) Well you tried and that is all that matters. I think a lot of people missed a few days here and there (well except for Ann :D who posted lovely thing everyday)

    thank you Vic :)

    Serena- there were ducks everywhere :) loud buggers lol and kept coming up to me like they wanted me to feed them lol and thanks :)

    sandy- thank you :D

    kerry- thanks :D ok so another person that doesn't think the bird looks pissed off lol :) must make him look angrier :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jen, as you know I changed my comment box. However, the other day, it wouldn't let me leave any comments at all so I reckoned blogger had a bug again! I have now put it back to the old way again. Dare I say it, as a platform, wordpress is so much more superior.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, he doesn't look pissed- just very intent and focused like eagles are supposed to look. Great sketch, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi chrissy :) odd that you couldn't leave a comment on your own blog. Wordpresse's platform is a lot better, its odd that with so many people not liking bloggers platform that they don't do anything about it.

    thanks Linda :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I was away the last of May and didn't get a chance to congratulate you on completing the Every Day in May challenge! You really did a lot of wonderful works and it was fun to follow along with your progress. I also appreciate you cheering me on throughout the month :) I think you summed up the challenge perfectly too. So better late than never - a big congrats Jennifer!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3