Everyday in May #9


Everyday in May #9
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

Copyright Jennifer Rose Phillip
coloured pencil on Stonehenge
ACEO

Another quick one. I want to spend some more time on the ACEO tomorrow. Not sure yet what I am going to draw, probably more fruit or a cat.

Even though I am not spending as much time on these as I would like, I am still getting some form of drawing done which I am happy about. I really want to get in the habit of drawing everyday, and I think this project is really helping. I never expected to get 31 wonderful pieces of art, just 31 pieces of art that I could say I did and learned from :)

And a nice package arrived for me today! :D From kaslkaos. Some Yupo ACEOs to play around with and some really nice linocut proofs :) I have no idea what I am going to do with the paper, probably dragons of some kind. I am really curious about what I will end up thinking of the paper. From what I have read its one of those papers you either like or loath :p be fun finding out though :D or drive me nuts

Ok so ambulance ride #2 for me today. My throat started to go numb and there was a lump in my throat when I swallowed so the nurse at NHS 24 thought I might be having an allergic reaction to something so sent the paramedics. No idea what caused it but I'm fine. Everyone said I am acting pretty calm. Trust me. With the amount of times I have been in and out of the hospital this last 3 years I don't know what would make me freak out healthwise. I've had to deal with pretty much everything :p Could be related to the MS, or it might not be :/ Can't say what but obviously if it gets worse go back. My eye is still driving me nuts. Have I mentioned I look like Popeye :p only need a pipe now :p

But missed out on the flashing lights again! :p I still get a laugh when I think of the first ambulance and the guys said I should have called them because then they could have turned on the lights for me. They seemed genuinely upset they didn't get to turn the blues and twos on (Mr. Fuzzy thinks thats what they are called). Must have been a slow night lol

I don't want people to start thinking that all I am going to talk about is my health. I am going to try not to, but lately that seems hard because of the relapse. So I do promise to try not to focus too much on it as I know people can get pretty sick of reading about someones health issues pretty fast :) But sometimes writing about it can get a laugh from someone so thats all right :)

Listed that donut ACEO today on Etsy

hey maybe I can get a boat and complete the Popeye look. I've always wanted a boat :p

Comments

  1. That looks like a peach faced lovebird- nice drawing!

    Hope you feel better tomorrow and no more problems with your health for a while. It gets tiresome, I know.

    Isn't it fun to get packages in the mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. popeye eh.....so when you getting the tattoo on your arm? and anchor isn't it???
    lovely gift to get, that fishie is cool!

    and as for health, well the way that i see it is, this is your blog, about you, so what ever is ok with me.....hugs
    love tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Linda :) its always nice getting things in the mail :D and something I've never used before so can experiment with

    lol i think its an anchor tina :p *hugs* yeah I know I can write about anything I just don't want to bore people to death with health stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are OK - and I agree - the blog is about you and I come because I want to know what you are up to, artistically and otherwise!

    LOVE the bird... so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Michelle :) good to know I'm not boring people with the health stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :-D Looks interesting, I have a board which I put alll my stuff on now, I look at it and always smile, it is full of little ACEO's cards and bits and peices from all obver the world.
    As for your health issues, hey no-one could ever accuse you of sitting and feeling sorry for yourself, thats for sure. Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. having a board to put stuff on is a great idea :D i should do that

    yeah i feel a bit better now. the swelling in my face has gone down a bit, not a lot but enough to make me think it is getting better :) i try not to feel sorry for myself, doesn't help anything. but I will be honest and say there are some days were I do get sick of all the meds :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please don't take this the wrong way, but your health issues are interesting. If we like you, we want to know and sometimes worry or not. You blog about your life, and not blogging about health, when things go wonky would create some major omissions.
    I'm going to try subscribing to your blog by email--I missed so much, by waiting for a saturday at the library. Twitter is okay, but not great for communications. Anyhoo, thanks for posting my green proofs, all my letterboxing practice. Fun stuff. Sounds like I need to send you more Yupo. You're doing more with it than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ingrid, that is a really nice comment :D thank you
    I just don't want people to start thinking that all I do is whine about my health :p I've come to the conclusion I like the paper, if I use neocolors on it. They seem to keep there colour better and do more what I want them to. thanks again for the paper, been fun messing around with it :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3