Woohoo!


31/365 07.08.09
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

After so many times trying to figure out how to crochet I finally figured it out :) I am probably a lot more excited about that then I should be :p These videos were really helpful. Now just need to practice a lot so I can eventually make a few bags and blankets.

And one finished wrap. I really messed up the binding :( Some of the pins must have shifted and I forgot to check before I started sewing again so it is not even at all. Now if this was for someone else I would pick all those stitches out but since its more of a prototype I will leave it (even though I want to unpick the stitches every time I look at it, my back will not thank me if I try).

The crooked velcro :p *must remember to use a ruler next time if the velcro holds with this. So far it seems to be holding and I'm not being gentle with it. The pocket can hold an eraser and a pencil sharpener (oops forgot the buttons, have some small pretty vintage yellow ones that were 40p for 5 of them years ago to put on it)

And full of random pencils and a little metal ruler which fits nicely under the elastic. I couldn't think of anything else that a person might need when drawing to put in the wrap that would fit. Anyone think of other things that might be needed? Could be prettier but its functional so that is all right with me :)

So I did learn a few things making this, which will come in handy the next time I make one (namely use a ruler more :p). Can only get better and quicker at making them. Just wish I had a bigger desk so I could keep the sewing machine out all the time. Its a pain to haul it out and set up when I want to sew.

number of broken sewing needles:2

number of time I ironed: 2 o.0 and the world hasn't ended!

number of times I stabbed myself with pins: 376 ok maybe not that many times but not far off :p

number of swear words that came out of my mouth when I realized I messed up the binding: 376 :p

Comments

  1. YAY for you!!! Both your crochet piece and the pencil holder look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. introduce me, i'm harry from ciamis, is my first time to visiting here, wow ur blog is very very nice and good articles in here, i'm glad to read it and maybe nextday i will found a something to learns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to put away my sewing machine too, therefore, it rarely comes out these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That looks gorgeous. You ought to see my paint brush wrap. It is a reed mat, with round elastic woven in (by hand, just in and out) and it's tied with a boot lace. It does the job, but looks like Frankensteins monster.
    PS. When I use the sewing machine, my husband leaves the house for his own safety ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Serena :D

    hello harry :) thank you

    Michelle- they are just such cumbersome things to be moving around all the time :/ handy for sewing, just wish sometimes I had a smaller one lol

    Ingrid- thanks :D as long as it does the job it doesn't matter what it looks like :D lol is that because the machine might get thrown at something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe; but mostly I'm just generally dangerous when I'm angry. GRRRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D lol I will remember that in case we meet in person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. as long as the pins & needles are put away, you should be safe, and, oh yeah, the scissors too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3