put me down!!


80/365 25.09.09
Originally uploaded by fuzzydragons

A bit of a pet peeve of mine(the idea for the photo was not mine). Dogs have legs for a reason. Stop carrying your dogs people. Of course if there is a medical reason for it, there isn't a problem. But I have found that the dog is usually used just as another fashion accessory :/

Simple Halloween drawing this year. Pretty sure I wont have time for anything really elaborate and detailed. Always later or next year. I've done a smaller version of this before but thought it would look better bigger.

This is on Bristol and I am using it as a bit of an experiment. These are the water soluble pencils. I know the paper will take a bit of water but I am curious how these pencil will act on the paper.

So it could all very well go all wrong and I will end up cursing a lot :p (I think I've put the shadows on the dragon on the wrong side..oops :p)

Comments

  1. Hmm, yes ... can't say I understand the dog-in-a-bag thing either!

    Look forward to seeing the finished drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, it seems that experimentation is in the air ;) I look forward to seeing how it progresses and if you end up cursing, well that will sound all too familiar, I seem to do a bit of that myself lol
    Frankly, I can often find the animal thing a bit strange, I saw a lady with a dog on Friday with it sitting on her lap like a child, I pointed it out to Cal and his g/f and we all agreed it looked freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's silly to carry the dog all the time. Your drawing looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the beginning of this drawing. You do such clever things with your dragon sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well folks I have one of those lap dogs. She is fourteen with arthritis and hip dysplasia and she can only manage to walk about half a city block before her legs give out. She lies down at that point. Because I find her too heavy to carry home, I have a little dog buggy for her. This allows me to take a twenty block walk and she seems to love breathing in the neighbourhood sitting up in the buggy.
    I may look crazy but I get my exercise and she gets fresh air.
    So there is one explanation from one city dweller who lives in an apartment.
    And Jennifer Rose I am so glad I found your blog today! thanks for the visits to mine. I appreciate your input so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Liesl, hopefully finished soon :)

    Chrissy- so far not a lot of cursing lol Please give the watercolours another go. not an easy thing to use

    Carla- thanks :)

    Linda- thanks :D

    Mary- with dogs like yours that have a medical reason I don't see a problem in them being carried around. at least she is still seeing the sun and getting fresh air :) Its more the people like paris hilton that do it that bugs me. your welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope. No matter how much he begs, I am NOT putting Deuce in a bag to carry him :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the results on this one. I love using Bristol, but haven't tried the water-solubles on it yet. Will look forward to your results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol Leslie :D that would be one big bag if you did :p

    Ingrid-I have a love hate relationship with bristol. love it for ink work, but for not much else. hopefully this works out all right :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3