Books

The plan is to read 80 books this year, might up it if I manage to get a lot read during the summer. And I tend to read more now that I have an e-reader, a lot easier to hold and no pages to try to turn, (many times I have gotten frustrated trying to turn a page and given up tossing the book across the room :p)

There are a few books I want to try to read, The Luminaries, (832 pages !!), War and Peace,(dont drop it on a foot or you might break a toe), find a few classics I haven't read yet, also start making videos for youtube about books, (big booktubing community on youtube).

Better get reading since I should have probably finished something already :p


2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Jennifer has read 0 books toward her goal of 80 books.
hide

Managed to get one more book read last year, bit of a waste of time actually :(

Parasite (Parasitology, #1) Parasite by Mira Grant
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had such high hopes starting this book. I loved her previous trilogy, Newsflesh, and I liked the premise behind this one, but it was so slow paced and predictable. The ending, which I'm sure was supposed to be a big shocking surprise, I figured out within the first few chapters. Rather then be shocking or horrific, the book gets bogged down by too much science and characters that are not likeable, just annoying.

The book was just too boring for me to recommend to even fans of the author. :(


View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Good luck with the book-reading challenge! Thanks for the heads up on Parasite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. War and Peace might take the whole year :)

    Sounds like a great challenge. Let us know which ones you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i should probably start reading war and peace now to have a chance of getting it done :p

      Delete
  3. Oh I love Vanity Fair. I wore my copy out. I had to read classics for English lit as part of my teaching course, but some I just like for themselves. I am always disappointed by a book that telegraphs the ending or is so clichéd that you can guess. Same with TV shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. havent read vanity fair, saw the horrible movie with reese witherspoon in it, but didnt like the movie :/ we didnt read that many classics in school, mostly Shakespeare and things like lord of the flies

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer of Colour #3