Monday, February 17, 2014

This is My Brain

This is so cool!! I asked for a copy of one of my MRIs so I could possibly do something with the images for college,and I was given a disc today with the last MRI I had done on it. Lot of images, and I can't read them, but there are so many that I really want to make a gif out of some of them so people can see how the images progress as the machine scans.

I love looking at things like this. I find it so interesting seeing how things all fit together. From what I have read tho, I think that those 2 lighter grey areas on the left are lesions. I know I have one on the left side of my brain on/in my cerebellum. Which makes a lot of sense since that is the part of your brain that controls motor control, (which is a big problem for me :/).

And a top view where you can see all of the brain fold and more lesions, (the ovalish white spots). I want to try some image printing with these, so hopefully that works out :)


11 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

Interesting!

Sue Clinker said...

Amazing .... if you squint you can see all sorts of little faces in the images LOL ...
Isn't medical science wonderful - and just 40 years ago none of this was possible

Ms. CrankyPants said...

OMG, something about seeing my MRIs totally freaks me out! And that image where you can see your nose?! [shudder]

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

yeah science is cool :D I think its the artist brain kicking in finding images like this fascinating :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

sorry, it is very odd to look at some parts of them :(

i didnt see mine until over a year after i was diagnosed because the computers were not working that day

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

:)

2paw said...

It is pretty amazing, and you have confirmation of having a brain which is good and reminds me of the very old joke about having a brain scan, and they found nothing there!!!

kaslkaos said...

Wow! Pics of your brain. Yes, that is exciting. Plus now I can say you look just like a walnut. You can also take "self portrait" to a whole new level.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

i know, when i have a bad time remembering things and people look at me like an idiot i can show them this as proof there is a brain in my head :p

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

yeah i am going to use these for self portraits at college :)

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Okay, so don't get mad at me, but that first image looks just like the bottom of a horse's foot, sans the frog. Lol! Don't think I want a picture of my brain. It's a scary thought.

~Nancy