Friday, May 02, 2014

Chine-collé

Added colour to these boats with a technique called Chine-collé.
 boat etching
First I did a test print of the little plate to see if it still needed work, but I thought it was fine for something that took about an hour to do. and yes, those are marks on the bottom from gloves, I like them tho. Looks like little aliens.

boat etching 
And added a small piece of tissue paper to an area and ran the plate through the press again. I really like how this technique adds colour, but you still see the etched lines, and I wish I had of done a bigger area and a few more colours. But now that I know how it works and how easy it is to actually do, I will def. being adding colour to prints in the future.

4 comments:

Michelle Basic Hendry said...

I want to try that....

Reflections From Life Art Blog said...

Okay, I'm trying to catch up on your work. You have branched out even further in your art Jen. Is this a lino carving? And you used that Chine-Colle technique to it???

~Nancy

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

its great, and easy to do once you get the placement of the tissue right :)

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

its a dry point etching and with the tissue paper adding during making the print. you can use the same technique with lino, but haven't tried it yet